Training and development
To help us maintain a high standard of care, it is a key priority for us to provide ongoing training and development for professionals who work with children.
West Yorkshire procedures manual
These inter-agency procedures set out the steps professionals should take if worried about a child.
More information for professionals
Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews often find a combination of good service provision and good practice, alongside lessons to be learned about how these can be improved to help ensure that such events do not happen again.
Since 1 April 2008, Local Safeguarding Children Boards have been required to review the deaths of all children in their area. Find out more.
Section 11 of the 2004 Children Act sets out the provision for Local Children Safeguarding Boards to undertake a self-assessment audit of how organisations and services are meeting standards to safeguard children and young people.
Mental Capacity Act
- A guide to MCA assessments
- A brief guide to carrying out Capacity Assessments
- A brief guide to carrying out Best Interest Assessments
- Basic overview of best interest principle
- Making Best Interests Decisions: People and Processes
- Briefing on Supreme Court Judgement on deprivation of liberty in health and social care