Training and development
To help us maintain a high standard of care, it is a key priority for us to provide ongoing training and development for professionals who work with children.
West Yorkshire procedures manual
These inter-agency procedures set out the steps professionals should take if worried about a child.
More information for professionals
Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews often find a combination of good service provision and good practice, alongside lessons to be learned about how these can be improved to help ensure that such events do not happen again.
Since 1 April 2008, Local Safeguarding Children Boards have been required to review the deaths of all children in their area. Find out more.
Mental Capacity Act
- A guide to MCA assessments
- A brief guide to carrying out Capacity Assessments
- A brief guide to carrying out Best Interest Assessments
- Basic overview of best interest principle
- Making Best Interests Decisions: People and Processes
- Briefing on Supreme Court Judgement on deprivation of liberty in health and social care