Training and development
To help us maintain a high standard of care, it is a key priority for us to provide ongoing training and development for professionals who work with children.
West Yorkshire procedures manual
These inter-agency procedures set out the steps professionals should take if worried about a child.
Resources and guidance
Each local area develops guidance to provide direction or advice to a decision or course of action to safeguard Children and Young People.
More information for professionals
Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews often find a combination of good service provision and good practice, alongside lessons to be learned about how these can be improved to help ensure that such events do not happen again.
Continuum of Need
Mental Capacity Act
- A guide to MCA assessments
- A brief guide to carrying out Capacity Assessments
- A brief guide to carrying out Best Interest Assessments
- Basic overview of best interest principle
- Making Best Interests Decisions: People and Processes
- Briefing on Supreme Court Judgement on deprivation of liberty in health and social care
Harmful Sexual Behaviour (HSB)
- Harmful Sexual Behaviour – Screening Tool
- Harmful Sexual Behaviour – Checklist tool
- Harmful Sexual Behaviour – Assessment Tool
- West Yorkshire Consortium Inter Agency Safeguarding and Child Protection Procedures – Harmful Sexual Behaviour
- Calderdale Harmful Sexual Behaviour Tool
- Safeguard Guide No 4 Sexually Harmful Behaviour
- Calderdale Harmful Sexual Behaviour (HSB) Panel Terms of Reference (Updated)
- Calderdale Harmful Sexual Behaviour (HSB) Panel Operational Guidance