Training and developmentA key priority of Calderdale Safeguarding Adults board is the training and ongoing development of staff. This helps us maintain the high standard of care and support we provide for adults.
Joint Multi-Agency Safeguarding Adults Policies and ProceduresJoint Multi-Agency Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures
More information for professionals
Mental Capacity Act
- A guide to MCA assessments
- A brief guide to carrying out Capacity Assessments
- A brief guide to carrying out Best Interest Assessments
- Basic overview of best interest principle
- Making Best Interests Decisions: People and Processes
- Briefing on Supreme Court Judgement on deprivation of liberty in health and social care
- Dementia UK – Lasting Power of Attorney information and Links to downloadable forms and official websites.
- Office of the public guardian – making decisions: The Independent Mental Capacity Advocate (IMCA), this document describes the purpose and roles of IMCA’s.
- Download a free copy of the National Mental Capacity Act Framework.
- Govt Consultation on Changes to the MCA Code of Practice and Implementation of LPS