Safeguarding Adults Reviews (SARs)
The aim of a Safeguarding Adults Reviews(SAR) is a multi-agency review process which seeks to determine what relevant agencies and individuals involved could have done differently that could have prevented harm or a death from taking place.
The purpose of a SAR is not to apportion blame. It is to promote effective learning and improvement to prevent future deaths or serious harm occurring again, and for agencies to work together to aim towards positive outcomes for the adult and/or family involved.
Safeguarding Adults Reviews are commissioned by the CSAB when:
- There is reasonable cause for concern about how CSAB members or other agencies providing services, worked together to safeguard an adult
- The adult has died, and CSAB knows or suspects that the death resulted from abuse or neglect (whether or not it knew about or suspected the abuse or neglect before the adult died)
- The adult is still alive, and CSAB knows or suspects that the adult has experienced serious abuse or neglect.
Further information can be found in the Care and Support Statutory Guidance, Chapter 14, paragraphs 14.133 and 14.134.
SAR Referral process
Any organisation can make a SAR referral to the Safeguarding Adult Board.
The referral for consideration of a SAR should be made on the appropriate form (SAR Case Consideration Request Form). Once completed, the form should be submitted to the Chair of the SAR Sub Group (via CSAB Business Support). All such referrals should be sent securely in line with the referrer’s organisational policy.
- Burnt Bridges? A Thematic Review of the deaths of five men on the streets of Halifax during Winter 2018/19
- Burnt Bridges? Thematic Review 2021 – 7 Minute Briefing
- Burnt Bridges? Thematic Review 2021 – 7 Minute Briefing – Video Version
- Burnt Bridges? Safeguarding Adult Board response to, and executive summary of the Thematic Review into the lives of five men who lived Street Based Lives
- Burnt Bridges? Learning Event 14th December 2021 – Event recording
Safeguarding Adults Reviews
- SAR report – JT
- 7 Minute Briefing for SAR Mrs T
- SAR Report – Mr A
- SAR Report – Mr B
- SAR Briefing – Mr A
- SAR Briefing – Mr B
- SAR Board response – Mr B
- SAR Report – Mr C
- SAR Response – Mr C
- 7 Minute Briefing for SAR Mr C
- 7 Minute Briefing for SAR Mr C (Design Version)
- SAR Report – Mr D
- SAR Response – Mr D
- 7 Minute Briefing for SAR Mr D
- 7 Minute Briefing for SAR Mr D (Design Version)
- SAR in Rapid Time Systems Findings Report – Mr E