If you are worried about a vulnerable child or adult, it is important that you report your concerns to the appropriate people, as soon as possible. This will help to ensure the safety and well being of the individual is put first.
I’m worried about a child
If you’re concerned, please call the Multi Agency Screening Team on 01422 393336 during normal working hours.
When MAST are unavailable, you can call the Out of hours Emergency Duty Team on 01422 288000.
Unsure if it’s abuse?
Child Abuse, takes many forms but the key categories are Physical Abuse, Emotional Abuse, Sexual Abuse and Neglect. See What is abuse?
Early Help Pathway documents and guidance
- Safeguarding and Early Intervention Referral Form
- Calderdale Council – Early Help Pathway Documents and Guidance
Emergency Contact and First Day Calling Procedure
- Emergency Contact Form and First Day Calling Procedures
- Emergency Contact Form and First Day Calling Procedures – Accessible Version
I’m worried about an adult
If you need guidance or advice, you can call gateway to care on 01422 393000.
To alert us about about adult abuse, fill in this alert form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact us out of normal working hours, call our Emergency Duty Team on 01422 288000.
Concerns about an adult working with children
This link will provide information about allegations against staff and volunteers who have contact with children and young people in their work or activities and should apply in all situations where it is alleged that a person has:
- Behaved or may have behaved in a way that indicates they may pose a risk of harm to children;
- Possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child;
- Behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates he or she would pose a risk of harm to children;
- Behaved or may have behaved in a way that may indicate they are not suitable to work with children.
- Email: email@example.com (secure inbox)
- Phone: 01422 394055