If you are worried about a vulnerable child or adult, it is important that you report your concerns to the appropriate people, as soon as possible. This will help to ensure the safety and well being of the individual is put first.
Unless there are child protection concerns or a statutory requirement to undertake an assessment i.e private fostering, homeless etc, MAST will only accept referrals from agencies with an Early Intervention Single Assessment (EISA)
I’m worried about a child
If you’re concerned, please call the Multi Agency Screening Team on 01422 393336 during normal working hours.
When MAST are unavailable, you can call the Out of hours Emergency Duty Team on 01422 288000.
Unsure if it’s abuse?
Child Abuse, takes many forms but the key categories are Physical Abuse, Emotional Abuse, Sexual Abuse and Neglect. See What is abuse?
Early intervention and Safeguarding
- Early Intervention & Safeguarding Statutory Referral form
- Calderdale Council – EISA documents and guidance
I’m worried about an adult
If you need guidance or advice, you can call gateway to care on 01422 393000.
To alert us about about adult abuse, fill in this alert form and email it to email@example.com.
To contact us out of normal working hours, call our Emergency Duty Team on 01422 288000.
Concerns about an adult working with children
This link will provide information about allegations against staff and volunteers who have contact with children and young people in their work or activities and should apply in all situations where it is alleged that a person has:
- Behaved in a way which has harmed a child, or may have harmed a child;
- Possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child;
- Behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates he or she would pose a risk of harm to children’ (as outlined in the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’)