Essential Dementia Awareness
Target Audience: Applications are welcomed from all people who work with or care for adults including carers, independent and voluntary providers and Adults Health and Social Care staff.
Please note that this course covers emotive issues. Participants should think carefully about whether they should attend, particularly when caring for a person recently diagnosed with a dementia.
Course Aims: To identify what dementia is and how a person may be affected and how dementia impacts when supporting individuals.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the course participants will have understanding of:
- Explored current service provision to people with dementia
- An understanding of a range of causes of dementia syndrome
- Explored the types of memory impairment commonly experienced by individuals with dementia
- Identified what may be mistaken for dementia
- An understanding of memory impairment and function
- Explainedhow to support the abilities and meet the needs of individuals with dementia
Progression Opportunities: Person Centred Dementia Care
Provider: Jackie Pool Associates
To book contact, email@example.com